GBM Meeting Minutes
The UA has a meeting every Sunday starting at 9pm. These meetings are open to the public and comprise all of the UA’s decision-making. The meetings follow a basic format:
- Roll call
- Open Forum – An opportunity for guests & members alike to share their thoughts on anything they believe requires the UA’s attention.
- Reports – The President, VP, Treasurer and Speaker all have an opportunity to report on any new developments.
- Project Updates – Each committee presents updates on any projects that Representatives or Associate Members have been working on.
- New Business – New items which require the UA’s attention, including discussion papers, resolutions and any special elections.
- Old Business – Business that had been tabled from the prior meeting.
- Communications – The final part of the meeting, closed to public, in which members share personal updates from the week.
The UA encourages members of the public to attend our meetings – especially the ones that involve pieces of legislation which will personally affect the student.
The meetings are held every Sunday at 9pm in the Benjamin Franklin Room in Houston Hall.
Minutes from the 45th Session (2017-2018)
Bylaw budget amendment discussion, UA Video Updates, Quad Trash cans, Access to Halal Food, Peer Advising, Dining Dollar Conversion timeline
AOD and Anti-Hazing Policies, SHAB Discussion, Test banks, Uncoordinated dual degree, Peer advisors, Leave of Absence, and FGLI library
City 6 Conference, Airport Shuttles, Reimbursement for art supplies, CAPS diversity, promoting green living certificate, Random Acts of Kindness
Joint NEC Sunset Bylaw Amendment, Midterm Review Week, Hazing on Campus, Student Recreation Center, Mental Health resources on syllabi
Campus Conversation, DACA Updates, Academic Advising, CAPS and student life, Penn Face revamp, Priority registration for athletes, Tampon initiative, Leave of Absence Project
Uncoordinated dual degree advisor, nursing clinical fees, textbook guide, diversity in Wharton concentrations, PULSE survey
VPUL Meeting, Retreat discussion, Leave of Absence communication and programming, ASAM Program, Hill Dining Hall guest access, UC Committee on open expression
APSC contingency request, ice machines in college houses, dining plan through housing, SCC moratorium updates
Associate member applications, Support for students affected by DACA resolution, University policy on Test banks, CAPS open house
Legal services coordinator, Hurricane Irma and Harvey Food Drive, Recycling bins in Huntsman GSRs, Counting Cis as language requirement
Upcoming CAPS admin meeting, slack, election of budget and finance committee, OFSL CFA addition, Penn Dining and UA thermos project
Upcoming administrative meetings, associate membership, cabinet, website bios, confirmation of SPT, Fresh Grocer discussion paper
To search the archives, log into a Google account, add the folder to your Google Drive with the button in the upper lefthand corner, and search.