On Sunday, February 28th, the UA approved the 2010-2011 Annual Budget after amending the Budget Committee’s recommendation in ten significant areas. Key features of the 2010-2011 Budget include:
- A major increase in SAC funding: an extra $64,000 for student groups (or 7.77% increase from last year!).
- Restructuring Spring Fling finances: accounting changes mean that while Fling is unchanged its true cost is now reported and accounted for; plus, the recommendation includes a little bit extra for Concert talent.
- A major increase in Connaissance Major Speaker Honoraria funding (from $61,000 per semester to $75,000 per semester).
- Restoration of the SPEC Film Speaker Event with $13,000 of funding.
- Some program eliminations:
- Dolphin email accounts ($4950)
- SPEC Concerts Small Show Series ($3000)
- SPEC Connaissance Philomathean Society Annual Oration Co-Sponsorship ($3000)
- Minority Scholars Weekend ($2250)
- SPEC Special Events Third Spring Fest ($2000)
- SPEC Connaissance Haitian Solidarity Week Co-Sponsorship ($1000)
- Haitian Solidarity Week Co-Sponsorship ($1000)
- Holocaust Memorial Day Co-Sponsorship ($1000)
- GUIDE Co-Sponsorship ($1000)
- Standardization of SPEC Jazz and Grooves and SPEC-TRUM Spring Concert with Fall Concerts, involving cutting:
- $10,550 from SPEC Jazz and Grooves Spring Concert
- $7,950 from SPEC-TRUM Spring Concert
The final budget is available in a printable version (for legal-size paper!) or an online Google Docs version.
See below the jump for an itemized list of approved amendments. And tell us what you think in the comments!